Corporate and commercial laws which are central to any business transaction are a key practice area of the firm. The corporate and commercial law skills and expertise that the firm brings to the table is a fundamental resource which the firm’s clients rely on heavily.
The firm has the expertise to tackle the wide range of issue and concerns that can challenge any organization operating in today’s complex competitive environment. The firm is recognized for its excellent strategy and solution-oriented approach in this area of practice.
The firm provides guidance to domestic and international clients on matters relating to general corporate compliance including but not limited to investment regulations, sectoral caps and regulatory issues/compliances. The clients for this practice area hail from across sectors including but not limited to telecom, e-commerce, technology, ITES, power, healthcare, real estate, defense, retail, pharmaceuticals, education, infrastructure, media, automobile, etc.
The firm actively advises clients on trade related issues which directly impact foreign investments in India. Such issues may include preferential market access to Indian companies, localization of technology, transfer of technology etc. The firm actively takes part in consultation processes with the Government of India and related ministries on policy related issues and submits proposal, papers on required changes in the extant policy.
The team advises and assists clients on:
- Entry strategy;
- Legal structuring;
- Assistance in obtaining approval/clarification from FIPB/RBI, or other Governmental authorities, as applicable;
- Assistance in incorporation of legal entities;
- Assistance in obtaining various registrations, licenses, approvals, permissions, etc.;
- Assistance in compliance of various laws/regulations, as applicable;
- Assistance in secretarial compliance;
- Assistance in conducting legal audits;
- Drafting, negotiation and finalization of various vendor contracts, services contracts, etc.