The firm understands how intellectual property (“IP”) assets can be created in the best way. This helps to determine the value and rights therein protected and used/ acquired/ supplemented to produce a competitive advantage. The team provides advice and assistance to its clients with respect to due diligence (routinely uncovering issues in chain of title, encumbrances/obligations, or enforcement/prosecution/ deficiencies often left undetected), acquisition of IP and related agreements and partnerships/ joint ventures with an aim to transfer/ share/ development of IP.
The team has rendered services to several multinational and Indian companies across a broad range of sectors and industries on issues pertaining to registered and unregistered IP rights including trade mark, copyright, designs, domain name registration, patent, licensing, and technology transfer matters; apart from management of IP portfolios.
The team advises and assists clients on:
- Protection and prosecution of IP rights (including patents, trademarks, design rights, copyrights, geographical indications, domain names, proprietary know-how and business processes);
- IP due-diligence and audits;
- IP acquisition and transfer and related agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements, assignment deeds, IP development agreements, etc;
- Representing before various authorities, courts and forums on issues relating to registration and protection of IP rights.