The liberalized policies of investment have boosted the ease of doing business in the startup economy and consequently the confidence of investors. As a result, this has caused India to emerge as a preferred destination and source of investment by domestic and international investors.
The professionals at the Firm seamlessly leverages its team and advises on all aspects of fund formation covering jurisdiction, tax, legal, regulatory and commercial matters. The practice includes:
CONCEPTUALIZATION AND STRUCTURING
• Undertaking jurisdictional analysis and structuring the transaction keeping in mind the key drivers, legal and tax implications, and regulatory parameters; and
• Coordinating with foreign counsel and assisting on local law matters across various jurisdictions.
• Drafting all related fund documents; and
• Assisting in drafting, and negotiating with Limited Partners, General Partners, Placement Agents, Service Providers and other intermediaries
PEOPLE RELATED PLANNING
• Employee reward schemes and carry arrangements;
• Employee relocation plans; and
• Other tax effective compensation models to meet commercial objectives
REGULATORY AND ONGOING ADVICE
• Drafting and making applications before the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), the Competition Commission of India (CCI) and other regulators for, inter alia, making applications (wherever applicable), registering funds as Foreign Venture Capital Investments (FVCIs), DVCFs, Foreign Institutional Investments (FIIs);
• Regulatory compliance, reporting and ongoing monitoring issues and governance
The Firm has fair experience of closing deals of Private Equity and Debt Funding.
TRANSACTION RELATED ASSISTANCE
• Legal and Tax Due Diligence;
• Capital Structuring and Repatriation;
• Entry and Exit Strategies;
• Advice on Foreign Exchange and Corporate Laws; and
• Inputs on Financial Models.
• Drafting, negotiating and finalizing all sorts of transaction documents;
• Advising and assisting on review of pre and post conditions precedents, corporate resolutions, and closing certificates; and
• Assisting in regulatory filings and/or applications necessary for transactions.